The third component of the Mission is Affordable Housing in Partnership which is a supply side intervention. The Mission will provide financial assistance to EWS houses being built with different partnerships by States/UTs/Cities.
Affordable housing projects are the projects where atleast 35% of houses are constructed for EWS category
- To increase availability of houses for EWS category at an affordable rate, States/UTs, either through its agencies or in partnership with private sector including industries, can plan affordable housing projects.
- Central Assistance at the rate of Rs.1.5 Lakh per EWS house would be available for all EWS houses in such projects.
- The States/UTs would decide on an upper ceiling on the sale price of EWS houses in rupees per square meter of carpet area in such projects with an objective to make them affordable and accessible to the intended beneficiaries. For that purpose, States/UTs and cities may extend other concessions such as their State subsidy, land at affordable cost, stamp duty exemption etc.
- The sale prices may be fixed either on the project basis or city basis using following principles :
- An Affordable Housing Project (AHP) can be a mix of houses for different categories but it will be eligible for central assistance, only if at least 35% of the houses in the project are for EWS category and a single project has at least 250 EWS houses. CSMC at GOI level, however, can reduce the requirement of minimum number of houses in one project on the request of State Government.
- Allotment of houses to identified eligible beneficiaries in AHP projects should be made following a transparent procedure as approved by SLSMC and the beneficiaries selected should be part of HFAPoA.
- Preference in allotment may be given to Physically Handicapped Persons, Senior Citizens, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Minority, Single Women, Transgender and Other Weaker and Vulnerable Sections of the Society.
- While making the allotment, the families with person with disability and senior citizens may be allotted house preferably on the ground floor or lower floors.
- Detailed Project Report (DPR) of such projects prepared by concerned implementing agencies should be approved by SLSMC.
- All statutory towns as per Census 2011 and towns notified subsequently would be eligible for coverage under the Mission.
- The Mission will support construction of houses upto 30 square meter carpet area with basic civic infrastructure.
- States/UTs will have flexibility in terms of determining the size of house and other facilities at the State/UT level in consultation with the Ministry but without any enhanced financial assistance from Centre.
- Affordable Housing Projects in partnership should have basic civic infrastructure like water, sanitation, sewerage, road, electricity etc.
- The minimum size of houses constructed under the Mission under each component must conform to the standards provided in National Building Code (NBC).
- The houses under the Mission should be designed and constructed to meet the requirements of structural safety against earthquake, flood, cyclone, landslides etc. conforming to the National Building Code (NBC) and other relevant Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) codes.
- All houses built or expanded under the Mission should essentially have toilet facility.
- The houses constructed/acquired with central assistance under the Mission should preferably be in the name of the female head of the household or in the joint name of the male head of the household and his wife.
- Only in cases when there is no adult female member in the family, the house can be in the name of male member of the household.
A beneficiary will be eligible for availing only a single benefit under any of the existing options i.e. Slum Redevelopment with Private Partner, Credit Linked Subsidy, Direct Subsidy to Individual Beneficiary and Affordable Housing in Partnership. It will be the responsibility of States/UTs Government to ensure that the beneficiary is not given benefit under more than one component of the Mission.